Day 16, 17 &18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So our penultimate day in Toronto left us to our own devices. Beforehand we went for our first ever Sushi trip, it was interesting. We then headed downtown and mooched around, we were planning on going to the ROM but it was a bit to pricy for our budgets. We headed back early and went to the store as we decided to cook some lovely english grub for our hosts. (Shepards pie and Victoria sponge.)

On our last morning we went for a bike ride around the neighbour hood before catching two busses, a train and a streetcar to get to Queen street. Similar to Camden with its eclectic mix of shops and cafes. We went to FRESH a gorgeous vegie place and juice bar.

We boarded our coach in the early evening and went to London Canada followed by windsor before crossing the border. Which was not pleasent at 12 in the morning. Unluckly we arrived at our hostel just before 6 am. But we couldnt check in till 3pm! So a little nap on there sofas followed by brekkie eased the tiredness but did nothing for the smell. However we made the most of our day and got out bearings topped off with a trip to the movies and some of that famous chicago pizza.

Were in a lovely hostel right in the heart of the downtown area and there is pleanty going on. So on their reccomendation we went to Sheffield's garden festival today, which should be renamed beer festival. We made felt flowers, listend to bands and bought cupcakes from a bakery. This morning we climbed Sears tower (we really do like tall things.) Its now been renamed the Willis tower though, so its a bit confusing.

Anywhoo about to run out of time so keep the news from home coming and send us some sunshine please

Lots of love

Advertisement



19th July 2009

in touch
Just getting reshine to sendady for church not ST A's but st Pauls at Manninghaam harriet dancing. We have no Did you recpognise Arthur in the shades
19th July 2009

Sunshine
wish we had some sunshine to send. It is very cloudy here. Friday it was 10 degrees and heavy rain - Arthur loved it for his walk, but he was a little smelly afterward. Liam turned up here yesterday which was a pleasant surprise. And England are doing well in the second Test. Life just a little duller here than yours. Amused that you have been to London and Sheffield.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb