Days 19, 20 & 21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 21st 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday we went to a chinatown festival. It was boring, and just a means for advertising Mickey D's. So we headed back into the city and went to Navy Pier. We went on the ferris wheel (also Mc D's) and got some amazing views of the lake. We found an incredibly posh deli and bought some tasty cupcakes which melted, yum.

We had a half price ticket to go round the maze, it was scary and Lucy had to hold Imogen's hand through the dark bits. Even though there were 6 year olds running around.

Monday was a stressful day with all our banking issuess. We managed to explore the university area and experience some different things. Unfortunately we couldnt buy a cup of coffee anywhere so had to sit in a sandwhich place that played muscle rock really loud and had signs saying "no hippies allowed."

Later on we tried to go see a white sox game with some german twins from our room, unfortunatley we couldnt get tickets together so we headed back and had some soup.

Today has again been ruined by banking frustrations. We went to the field museum but had to leave straight away, but we managed to see the most complete T-rex ever in the whole world. This afternoon we went to the art gallery and saw some amazing stuff. Later on were going to watch the movie Duck Soup under the stars in one of the cities parks.

In the mean time were just mentally and physically preparing for our 2 day train ride accross to San Francisco so it will be a while till you hear from us! Hope all is well.


Advertisement



21st July 2009

banking
Hope the cash flow has started flowing. Harriet gone east and home. Love Ann CX
22nd July 2009

hi
yea very stressful banking stuff which we will take up with bank on your return good to get to talk ot you though and glad its not spoiling things too much xx

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb