Day 26?


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, we finally made it to California yesterday after 52 hours on a train. It was a pretty incredible trip, the rockies on one side and the prairies of Wyoming on the other. We also saw a whole lot of nothing. Pleanty of desert and a few antelope.
We saw thousands of cows, but no bears when going through the forests. The trains are lovely, with loads of leg room and reclining chairs and even an observation carriage which has floor to ceiling windows. We got some great commentary from the drivers and workers throughout the trip. Unfortunately we ran out of food on the 3rd day so we had to resort to microwaved bagels. Yum.

Yesterday we settled in to our hostel, we are very lucky as we are the only guests with a private room with a door! But no window. Its really relaxed and friendly though and is themed around a boat. We went for some Chinese seeing as we are in china town and we both got the same fortune in our cookies "An unexpected event will soon make your life more exciting." Were waiting in anticipation.

Today we ate some bran flakes then walked up a really big hill. Like huge. A dog came up to Imogen and dropped a ball at her feet, and he was the spitting image of Arthur (Imo's dog at home!) We walked miles across the city to the Haight, an area defined by the hippie movement. And weed. Went to Golden Gate park where there was a skateboard festival going on as well as an Indian one. There were no Indian skateboarders though.

So far so good in San Francisco its a beautiful city, but there are hordes of homeless people, something we haven't seen in the east coast cities.

We also saw a man walking a cat. And Lucy cooked us some wonderful Gnocchi.

Keep leaving your messages, we sure do appreciate them.

Advertisement



26th July 2009

rainy days
Since st swithens day it has rained ach day, its going to be brilliant at Bolton Abbey picnic. Please sng the trolly song when you ride the trollie or have i got the wrong movie/ city. Looking forward to treating you to a curry in Bradistan love mum and arthur xxx e is missing uuuuuu
26th July 2009

SF
Wow sounds good esp Lucy cooking gnocchi what from sracth shes got a good memory!! weather here rubbish ranining and cold hope u2 are wrapped up warm take care Sue x

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb