Training it to Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
March 20th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday saw the last real leg of our ‘wider’ travelling here in Canada and proved to be a very busy day…....to give you an idea, we had an early breakfast in Montreal, lunch in Ottawa, and dinner (albeit at nearly midnight) in Toronto!

We dropped the hire car back in Ottawa and managed to get a last couple of hours sightseeing in the capital before heading to the station. We took the train from Ottawa to Toronto which was the boy’s first ever train journey (see photo).

We’re staying with friends here (our old neighbours) who have a pretty impressive apartment right in downtown Toronto. We’re on the 40 something’th floor and have great views of the CN tower and Lake Ontario. We’ve quickly got used to the city living and love the way we’ve been able to hang out in a number of bars and
restaurants just feet from the apartment (we could get very used to this great lifestyle!)

We spent the morning having a good stride around most of the major sights and all went to the top of The CN Tower in the afternoon. The view from the top of The CN Tower is spectacular and compares closer to looking out from an aeroplane than being in a building. It also has the world’s highest glass floor which is pretty scary to walk over (J had a crawl over it though and showed no fear!).

The weather down here is great - no sight of any snow or ice and the temperature even into the low teens during the peak of the afternoon. As always, perfect blue skies everywhere (we’ve decided the cold is much more tolerable when it’s sunny with a blue sky!)

We’re hoping to drive down to Niagra tomorrow, although Chris and Martin have arranged a few ‘lads’ beers later……so anything could happen really.

Take care all,

C J J



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb