Niagra - our last stop of this trip


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

After a very late, slow and delicate start (a result of the lads late night out in Toronto the previous night), we all drove down to Niagra (the two lads half asleep, groaning and feeling rough for the entire hour and a half journey)….

We first headed for Niagra on the Lake which is about half an hour from the famous falls themselves - a very quaint town with some old shops and nice restaurants. As the name suggests it sits right on the lake and we could just see the CN Tower of Toronto across the lake as it was so clear (not that far but a long drive around the lake to get there). We had lunch in an ‘English pub’ which, rather unsurprisingly, was very much like an English pub except with exceptional service and packed with Canadians. After lunch, we took a drive through the wine producing region of Niagra (not too many grapes at this time of year though).

By contrast to the quaint town on the lake, the main town next to the famous falls is a tad on the tacky side and full of chain restaurants and gift shops selling Niagra falls T-shirts and ornaments. Not really our thing.

However, putting the town aside, the falls themselves were simply amazing to see - the sheer sound and mass of water is difficult to describe. It was very cold at the top, but we all stayed for sometime starring at the falls and (Chris) taking lots of photos. We’ve attached a couple for you to see.

Sadly, this is the last stop for us and therefore the last blog of this trip.

It’s been a good one with so many happy memories. We've all loved Canada in so many ways and would love to visit again! Travelling with James has been great fun and the Canadians are the most 'baby friendly' nation!

Look forward to catching up with you all later in the week when we will be back home.

Best wishes to you all, thanks for all your messages and comments!

J C J

xxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



25th March 2009

safe journey back
Hi you guys, i can't belive it's nearly over - you've certainly covered some ground! Clearly James is a seasoned traveller (and an asset to upgrades) and you've had a fantastic time! The Falls are indeed amazing - even from the very tacky USA side. I doubt you managed to catch the end of the 6 nations on Saturday - it was gripping stuff! Wishing you a safe journey home, lots of love M

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb