Sleeping Giant Provincial Park


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Thunder Bay
August 10th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A day of not taking the tent down! Yeah!

The day started off a bit cloudy. Decided to go to the pancake breakfast the staff of the park were hosting. Met 2 young ladies who work at the park and both live near by. One works full time on a contract, and is a farmer as well. The other young lady is going to be a lab technologist (what my mom was, in her working days).

I decided today was a day for a good hike. One of the young ladies recommended the Middlebrun Bay trail and continue to Finlay Bay. (9 kms). Beautiful walk. When we reached Finlay Bay, Otis and I were the only ones there. Decided to take the plunge into Lake Superior. (Thought of my young friend Sam, and said, I'm not going to be a whoose, i can do this). Fully emerged and then quickly got out (the water was extremely cold!). Otis had a great time swimming for a while! Freedom for him and off the leash for a while! Just as i was driving out of hike area, a deer taking a drink in the river!

I didn't want to head back to the campsite, drove to the out skirts of Thunder Bay to go to the Terry Fox memorial. Very moving. Glad I did, because the next day, it was raining when I drove by.

All in all, a very delightful day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Middlebrun hikeMiddlebrun hike
Middlebrun hike

a content Otis
Middlebrun HikeMiddlebrun Hike
Middlebrun Hike

another deer
Terry FoxTerry Fox
Terry Fox

the view


12th August 2009

Wow! So beautiful! Wonderful pictures.
13th August 2009

Nice!
Must have been awesome to see the dear at close range taking a drink! We'll have to take a dip in Great Slave.. then you'll know cold water. LOL
15th August 2009

Julie & Julia & Otis ... On the Road
Looks like you guys are having a great time! It is neat to check-in on your blog to see where you guys have been. I love that picture of Otis on the beach!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb