Departure to New Adventures


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sarnia
May 10th 2015
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.9788, -82.4033

We packed our suitcases early this morning and made our final preparations. Late morning we left for the airport in Sarnia. It was an easy drive with little traffic and only took us 45 minutes to get there, It was a much easier drive than traveling to Metro Airport. The first leg of our journey was from Sarnia to Toronto where we would catch an international flight to Copenhagen, Denmark.

The security check was quite easy and quick since there were so few people on the plane. There wasn't room for too many passengers since it was such a small plane. It had one aisle with a seat on each side. If you stretched out your arms you could touch the window on the opposite side of the aisle. There was not even a security door between us and the pilot. He occasionally looked back to check on his passengers. We could look out the front windows of the plane. We felt like back seat drivers! Our flight lasted 40 minutes.

We had to entertain ourselves for a 5 hour layover. We wandered around to check out the airport and have a late lunch. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at our departure gate to find the area supplied with computer tables and ipads where you could connect to wifi using their devices or use your own. This service was provided by Air Canada and American Express.
We surfed the internet and read to pass the time.

We will be boarding shortly to begin a 7 1/2 hour flight to Copenhagen.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

High Tech Waiting Area at Departure GateHigh Tech Waiting Area at Departure Gate
High Tech Waiting Area at Departure Gate

Ipads and Free wifi Available


11th May 2015

I am sure you were nervous on the first flight. Interesting!
11th May 2015

Are you kidding me with the size of that plane? Yikes! Linda, I'm sure you wanted to vomit!
11th May 2015

Enjoy the trip! You deserve it!

Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb