Reality has started to become more real arrrgh l'(ity)....


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
January 3rd 2010
Published: January 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Reality has started to become more real arrrgh l'(ity)....

First though, what a wonderful holiday time with family and friends! The kids we all here for Christmas along with grand dad, our two 'adopted older children', they are in there '20s'! Food, fun, lots of laughter and of course....running...mostly on the 'dreadmill', not our favorite but thanks to Pump Fitness and Corona, we 'got er done'! Well sort of. We talked to Coach tonight and we are, honestly, more than a bit freaked! But before that....a wonderful and quiet New Year's Eve, just the two of us laughing, thinking of our friends near and far, reminiscing and wondering what 2010 will bring. You know, we had the Cambodia map out and think we may have found a new route to run! Ever hear of the Cardamom Mountains? Actually we came up with two, Coach has no clue but we have come up with another route to look at over the next year or two.

The running has honestly been a challenge. The weather, holidays, the family pet trying for a stage left exit a.k.a eating a Dr. Seuss Beanie Baby and resulting emergency surgery, health challenges, and year end work stuff have had their impact but like you, we do what we can... some days more and some a whole lot less, mostly though the upcoming run in Cambodia is foremost, in our hearts and sometimes as our physical terrorist Brian can attest in our calves and sciatica,,,

We wanted to post a few “contrast” pictures of our home and training landscape because frankly we are really uncertain on how we will make this transition from -40 to +40 in just four days. All we can be sure of is that sucking it up ( H20) will be on the agenda. All right there will be an Anchor beer or four to calm the nerves and it does have H2O in it!

Two more weekends to go before we head west and many snow filled days on the trails....actually a wonderful way to spend time with best friends and family (cause we drag them out with us!)

Thanks for coming along!

Nat and Jeff


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th January 2010

Stay safe, healthy, and in ONE PIECE!!!
God (ess!) bless you both on your journey and keep you both safe.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb