Weekend at Blue Mountain


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Collingwood
March 31st 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ski Bunny!Ski Bunny!Ski Bunny!

First time since grade 8...not bad!
What a fantastic weekend. Estelle and I got away for a girls' weekend in Collingwood (Blue Mountain). We stayed at a nice Bed & Breakfast called Pedulla's Mountainside B&B. It was literally mountainside, as the ski hills were right across the street! The woman who owns the B&B (with her husband) was SO helpful! She leant us everything from sunscreen and Tylenol to Snowboarding helmet, wrist guards, and bum pad for Estelle.

We drove there Saturday morning and spent Saturday afternoon on the ski hills. I haven't skied since I was in Grade 8 and it was on my life list to re-learn, so I did. It was fun. Stells tried snowboarding, as that was on HER bucket list, and she did so well. Lovely afternoon.

After skiing we went back to the B&B for a jacuzzi bath (which got OUT OF CONTROL with our bubbles!) and then went for dinner in the town of Blue Mountain. The restaurant was called Fireside. Looked like an old fire station. GREAT pizza. They honored Earth Hour with the majority of the lights out as well.

Sunday we got up (hard to, when the feather top beds were SO comfy) and had a wonderful breakfast that Rosemary prepared. Homemade fruit salad with yogurt and homemade granola, croissants with some sort of cheese and lemon custard, and a baked quesh with mushrooms, asparagus and sausage. Great breakfast.

We then spent about 3 hours snowshoeing at the Scenic Caves (I don't think the caves themselves are open in the Winter). It was actually easier than we thought, and a lot of fun. We figured we walked about 5 km, which seemed like nothing after all ground we covered and hills we climbed.

After the snowshoeing, we went for lunch and then packed up our stuff, said goodbye to Rosemary, and head to the spa. This spa was amazing. All outdoor pools - some hot, some cold. There was also a sauna, steam room, and relaxation rooms. You're supposed to go from hot (10-15 min) to cold (2sec - 2 min) to relaxation (10-15 min). We stuck mostly to hot, as going from one tub to another was cold enough, although we did brave the cold tubs a couple times.

After this it was time to head home. Just a fantastic weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Pedulla's Mountainside B&BPedulla's Mountainside B&B
Pedulla's Mountainside B&B

This is where we stayed. WONDERFUL place with wonderful hosts!
Our Room!Our Room!
Our Room!

These were our comfy beds with feather tops! We didn't wanna get out in the morning.
Blue MountainBlue Mountain
Blue Mountain

This is the view from the balcony of the B&B... literally across the street from the hills!
Magic Carpet RideMagic Carpet Ride
Magic Carpet Ride

Me on the magic carpet! Heading to the top of the kiddie hill! lol
LessonLesson
Lesson

Stells tried snowboarding and had some good lessons!
Boarder Chick!Boarder Chick!
Boarder Chick!

She did SO well for her first time!
"The Graduate""The Graduate"
"The Graduate"

The name of this hill was named that way, as it was the next step after the two kiddie hills.
View from ChairliftView from Chairlift
View from Chairlift

I think this is heading up to the graduate.
CHEERS TO BEERS!CHEERS TO BEERS!
CHEERS TO BEERS!

Plunk the skiis in the bank and join us for a beer!
JacuzziJacuzzi
Jacuzzi

This was the tub at the B&B. GREAT after a day of skiing.
BUBBLES!BUBBLES!
BUBBLES!

Stells and I went a little overboard on the bubbles. So relaxing.
Suspension BridgeSuspension Bridge
Suspension Bridge

They definitely make this look bigger and greater than it is. It was still fun to snowshoe across though
SpecSpec
Spec

Yes, the little spec is me in the middle of the suspension bridge!
Snowshoeing!Snowshoeing!
Snowshoeing!

We rented shoes and bought our trail pass at the Scenic Caves
ViewView
View

From one of the lookout points
Lookout PointLookout Point
Lookout Point

Great views


Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb