Departing Dundee Marine


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton
September 5th 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

WeBeSailing_Dundee_Marine.jpgWeBeSailing_Dundee_Marine.jpgWeBeSailing_Dundee_Marine.jpg

s/v WeBeSailing calmly docked in Dundee NS
First of all, we’d like to apologize for the great delay in updating our travelblog.

I guess we’ve just been having so much fun that time has flown bye.....

We last left you with our “Hurricane Bill” adventure, in which we fled Petit de Grat for shelter on the Bras D’Or lakes at Dundee Marina. It turns out that we stayed at Dundee for 2 full weeks as we were having problems with our fuel pump and had to wait for DHL to finally figure out the difference between their butt and their elbow. We had requested (and were billed for) overnight service for a replacement pump coming in from Montreal and it took them a total of 10 days to get it to us!! In any event, Tyler, Cindy and the gang at Dundee Marine took good care of us while we were there.

We must, however, give a plug for Greenfield Park Injectors who, as always, provided excellent service within a 24hr turn around. Thanks to Paul Larochelle and his staff for jumping through hoops for us...again!

While at Dundee... we made some really awesome new acquaintances. Dock neighbours to us were Carl and Margaret
s/v Jollitys/v Jollitys/v Jollity

Marg & Carl (better known as the Dr, Sheep farmer!!) of s/v Jollity
Brown on s/v Jollity. Most know Carl as Doctor Brown...but we know that he’s really a sheep farmer with a good bedside manner... (inside joke). Carl and Maggie were just so hospitable to us and we hope that they can join us at sometime down south so we can share many more laughs together. Hey guys... Seen any scarecrows lately?? (another inside joke) We also met Bob and Vida from s/v Wind Song II, who are native of the Long Island Sound area and have traveled back and forth from the Sound to Cape Breton many, many times. They shared invaluable knowledge with regards to the sailing grounds we were about to embark in as well as provided some really good anchorage and safe harbouring grounds along the way.

Although we left Dundee... Dundee will never leave us!! The Bras D’Or lakes are simply magnificent and are reminiscent to us of our playgrounds on lake Champlain. We leave tomorrow, September 5th, for our great adventure towards warmer waters. We have a ways to go but are really looking forward to getting there.

Annie & Eric
Aboard s/v WeBeSailing




Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1129s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb