Hurricane Bill


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton
August 24th 2009
Published: August 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hurricane Bill,

It is now 3:15pm and Hurricane Bill has now been upon us since around 1pm. The forecast is for the brunt of the storm to be at its strongest around 4pm. So far all is fine; with the exception of one the other docks braking one of its mooring lines. With a collective group we were able to re secure it by tying it off to some of the shore line trees. Other than this we have been experiencing super heavy rains and winds no higher than 47 knots (recorded aboard a catamaran here). We are on the edge of our seat anticipating what could come next..

It is sometime around 6pm and all is well so far. Would you believe it is now sunny with even a rainbow shining in the bay here!?!. Is that it??? We are all looking at each other in disbelief.... Hurricane who!! But not to be too cocky,,, the forecast is for the tail end of hurricane bill to hit us around 8pm.
9pm... The winds have built up strong from the NW but nothing to write home about!. In the location we are we are very well protected and all is going to be fine.

Hurricane Bill VIDEO

12 midnight... All is over!! Bill is gone and we are heading to bed... What a relief.. I guess Annie’s offerings to the sea of a sea bean and a lucky dime have paid off....

Cheers from Aboard s/v WeBeSailing
Annie & Eric


Advertisement



26th August 2009

Hey ! May this be the start of a great aventure, we will be following you closely... Cheers! :)

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb