Hopewell Rocks, Hopewell Cape


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Hopewell Cape
August 19th 2017
Published: August 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The highest (and lowest) tides in the world. Walk kilometres along the ocean floor. Flowerpots. Sea caves and arches. Mud flats. You can do and see it all at Hopewell Rocks - a provincial park in New Brunswick, Canada. A wonderful day outing. During a three hour window before and after low tide, you can walk along the ocean floor and explore the unique rock formations including the famous flowerpots as well as many, many rock structures. The journey begins with a short walk along a well maintained trail to the entrance of the walking area.. After decending steps (101 to be precise) you actually reach the ocean floor. During the low tide you can walk approximately a kilometre and a half marvelling at all the rock structures as you explore. It can be a little muddy in places so good hiking shoes recommended. We spent about two hours exploring the whole area end to end. There is one other trail in the park which leads to Demoiselle beach, where at low tide you can see a great mud flat area as well as other rock structures along the shore including several rock arches. This day outing is highly recommended if in the area, or for that matter, a special trip just to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Rock structuresRock structures
Rock structures

Note the facial features on the left rock


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb