Sail Away. Last Day in Vancouver, Boarding Regatta


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
September 29th 2018
Published: September 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Light houseLight houseLight house

Beyond the bridge
Vancouver, BC

Thursday, September 27



Today we say goodbye to Vancouver and get on board Regatta for our sea adventure around Alaska.

We arranged to have the luggage sent to the ship (from the hotel...SWEET) no schlepping this time. Decided to take a walk and have some breakfast so off to de Dutch and a quick bite before deciding what's next. We both had the Chipotle Bowl, which SHOULD hold us for a while. So very tasty, and perhaps healthy?? Double espresso to clear the cobwebs and we're good to go.

BE & Jeremy will meet us at the hotel lobby and we'll check in together. Passport cleared. Checked in to the Ship and we go aboard. The big question of the day is....Granville island (which is actually a spit of land...according to the in flight audio from yesterday)....or remain on board. We all go back and forth...several times...but decide we are just too tired (from what I have NO CLUE) and decide it's just easier to remain on the ship so as not to have to deal with Passport control etc. Granville Island shall have to wait.

The announcement we've been awaiting comes....our
Lions Gate bridge Lions Gate bridge Lions Gate bridge

Under the bridge
room is ready. Deck 8 Penthouse 1, just under The Terrace. Our room is great, not as big as Riviera not Marine, but this will do just fine for the next few days. JUST FINE. The luggage hasn't arrived yet, not worried...we know it will show...we hope. Not much to do because we have no luggage so we go back on deck and low and behold our other travel partners have checked in and the gang is all together once again. Let the party begin! Mimosas all around.

We all sit together at Waves and decide on lunch. Lunch was a hot dog. After lunch we wait for our luggage to arrive and just relax on the port side deck (9) on a chaise overlooking the harbor. It could be worse. Read a while, the remainder of the cabins are ready,so we take a chance and hope our luggage has arrived. It's here! Unpack, get situated, meet our butler and room steward and settle in for a bit. Our first day tradition is to tour the ship, scout a spot on the terrace aft and settle down until sail away. We set sail at 5.

Everyone is aboard,
Vancouver Vancouver Vancouver

Mt Baker off in the distance
the ship sounds itshorn and away we go. It is quite chilly aft, and the winds are rather robust. We are the only fools on the terrace! Well, we all got some wonderful shots of Vancouver, Lion's Gate bridge, and such. Too cold for everyone so we said our goodbyes to Vancouver and sought shelter inside.

Christopher and I went back to our cabin, decided dinner would be in the Grand Dining room at 7. We both had the Rockfish with a Ginger Tamarind sauce so very tasty. A nice glass of Albarino (Spanish white wine) was the perfect pairing for the meal.

Dinner done, we went for a walk around the ship - too cold and windy to go outside so we went back to the room and collapsed. It had been a full day and we were done.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb