Whistler


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
March 10th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We checked into our hostel which was a few miles outside of town. Little did I know that some of the lads we were with had a condo central in Creekside. 3 levels of pure luxury and this practically became our home for the weekend. Drinking beer in a private spa in Whislter village is not a bad way to start the evening.

The nightlife was lively although I felt Whistler was like Disney World. Very expensive and people were of course up their own ass. I started to ask around for accomodation with not much prevail. The mountain was awesome and had great snow on top although it was turning to shit already at the base. This season has plenty of snow (in fact a record year), however the mild conditions is also bringing rain. Rain turns snow to shit and ice. Given this in mind and the fact that a season pass is nearly 1800 bucks I decided to head into the interior (Banff) where its a lot higher and colder. I couldn't believe the base height at Whistler was only 680m! Huge verticals but I hate the slush. Where is the dry stuff - The interior! So I booked an Air Canada flight to Calgary and Banff was to be the next stop after catching up with Laos Jordy at his home in North Banff.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb