Vancouver and co.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 17th 2015
Published: October 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our first impression from Vancouver isn’t the best. We start dragging our heavy backpacks through Chinatown and the big buildings don’t make any big impression on us. As we happen to visit Stanley Park we finally find the city a bit friendlier. All in all, we are happy when we get to get out of the concrete jungle and head to Lynn Canyon.



Everything changes, the air is pure, trees are everywhere, the houses look nice and even the weather helps. After an nice hike day we must find a place to spend the night. We ask a ranger if we may camp in the Park, he says it is not allowed.

We don’t want to pay to sleep, so we decide to get as deep into the forest as possible to avoid any fine. And that is what we do, we walk all the way up through the dark forest to a quiet place far from any trail. It is easy to write about it, but being tired and carrying 25kg in stuff on your shoulders up hills among huge trees is pretty hard.

Proud we made it, we set our little tent and place the rest of the food 50 yards away in case of bear visit.

The night is over. The raising of the sun among the trees is one of the best feelings so far.

We pack all our things and go to the river for a morning shower.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb