And it rained, and rained, and rained...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 10th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 112 (Monday 10/08/09, NJJ)
Up at 9am to more rain. Complimentary breakfast again at G Sports Bar. Checked out at 11am. Walked to the car rental office to pick up the car then bag to the hotel for the luggage. We weren't happy as the back shelf was missing in the car and we'd chosen this size of car so all our luggage could be hidden in the 'trunk'. After I sulked to myself a bit we stuck with the car. On to North Vancouver, through Stanley Park and across Lion's Bridge. Spent ages looking for Capillano Mall to stock up at Wal Mart. Eventually found it. Bought our inflatable beds, a pump, batteries and food bowls for the camping experience. Got some cool camping/cooking equipment. We were so stressed out by the time we'd finished as it was still hammering down with rain. We then got stuck in traffic and stopped at Chiliwack where we checked into a campsite for the night. We put the tent up in the rain. It was too wet to cook on site so we had to go out for food. It turns out the campsites in North America are nothing like we experienced in Oz/NZ and they're mainly geared towards RV hols. Had dinner at a nearby Boston Pizza. Back at the tent it was a bit wet inside as the rain was so heavy. Tried to get to sleep by listening to audiobooks on J's ipod.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.1kb