Ooh we could live in Vancouver!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 9th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 111 (Sunday 09/08/09, NJJ)
Up at 9.30am to see the depressing heavy rain outside. Went to the bar next door for the complimentary breakfast. The bar is cool with Canuck posters etc on the walls. The weather hadn't dampened the mood though and we were loving being in Vancouver. We walked across Granville Bridge to Granville Island Public Market. Back over the bridge along Granville St in the opposite direction. Went down to the waterfront and into Gastown. The sun fainlly came out in the afternoon. We had a drink in 'The Lamplighter' so that Jamie could watch the last 30 minutes and then the penalty shootout of the Community Shield (Chelsea beat Man U). Jay is really missing 'soccer' and is looking forward to being able to watch 'Match of the Day' again as I-Player won't work outside of the UK. Poor Jamie. We had dinner at 'The Old Spaghetti Factory'. After wandering around for a while we walked back to the hotel around 7.40pm - it's nice to be in the northern hemisphere for the longer days at this time of year. We love Summer and the long days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb