What a Christmas and New Years Eve !!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
January 9th 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi, Sorry it's been a while since my last entry.

We're back in Vancouver now after a whirl wind trip in a campervan. We had a lot of fun hitting the highways around Canada and especially America for a few weeks.

We picked up the campervan from Vancouver and started driving across to the Rocky Mountains but unfortunately weather wasn't really good and some of the roads were closed at the time so we decided to head down into the United States. We drove down the west coast from up here and went to Seattle, San Fransisco (drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and even went on a day trip to Alcatraz which was cool), Los Angeles (Went to Disney Land, California Disney & Universal Studios, drove through Hollywood, Beverly Hills etc), San Diego (went to the Zoo and Sea World etc), then we ditched the campervan for a night and crossed the border into Mexico for a night which was very different but worth going for the experience. After that we headed to the Grand Canyon which was amazing, The Hoover Dam which was huge and then onto Las Vegas for New Years Eve ! Las Vegas was really great - alot of casinos everywhere and the people were squashed in like sardines on New Years Eve. What an experience ! After a couple ofnights there we then headed back up to Canada and visited one of Susan's relatives for a couple of nights in Vernon. We hit the nearby ski field also which was alot of fun and Andrew and Susan had the funniest days of there lives laughing at my mishaps on the slopes and the chairlifts ! I had so many tumbles down the hills and when we first got there I had a mishap on the Chairlift. It was so funny, Andrew pushed me and I fell over and the Chair came oround and ran into me and started pushing me along and I got tangled up underneath the thing. Hahahah ! How embarrassing - and there were people everywhere who saw it to... Hahahaha ! Never again I hope !!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb