Saying goodbye to the snow


Advertisement
Published: January 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe it has been a year since our last big adventure - Africa. I don't think driving around Ontario and Cape Cod (as pretty as they were) counts as a big adventure, do you?

This seven week trip will take us the length of Vietnam and into Cambodia, using every means of transportation going: trains, planes, automobiles, tuk tuks and cyclos. Although we will be travelling by ourselves we did get some advice from our son Martin (a Destination Specialist with Adventures Abroad).

Common sense would have seen us stay home and save our pennies but I don't think anyone has ever accused us of having an abundance of common sense. This trip was planned and partly paid for before the economy took a serious down turn. We looked at each other and said 'let's go for it'. Our desire to travel won out - it's what memories are made of - apart from the memories connected to family of course.

The snow was lovely at Christmas but enough is enough. The cold really bothers Don so it is time to leave town for some heat and humidity which he loves but I don't! We will fly out at 2:00 am Tuesday morning (I keep checking to ticket to make sure that is correct) and will go via Hong Kong to Hanoi. We have quite a few sleepless hours coming up! Talk to you all soon.


Advertisement



5th January 2009

can't wait to hear more
Looking forward to your stories / tales / anecdotes!!! Can't wait. Martin
6th January 2009

Bon Voyage
Good ridance.... er, I mean... BON VOYAGE! We miss you already.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb