Relaxing in Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar
February 10th 2008
Published: February 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent two nights at the Zanzibar Serena Inn in Stone Town before traveling via the Jozani Forest (and a visit with the rare red colobus monkeys) to our final destination, the Karafuu Beach Resort for some R n R before the long trip home.

After we waved goodbye to our fellow travelers - who were all very reluctant to leave - the three of us stayed for another couple of nights, just hanging out. We then returned to Stone Town for a night so that we could finish our shopping. There is always something else to buy and, of course, we came home with much more luggage than we started with. Fortunately we always pack a couple of extra bags for the stuff we accumulate.

Traveling with Adventures Abroad was a very positive experience and certainly something we would do again - if Martin will have us along! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone planning on visiting Tanzania and Rwanda, it was the perfect way to go. Everyone should spoil themselves with a luxury trip at least once in their lives. As Adventures Abroad limits the size of their groups you feel more like you are traveling with a group of friends rather than being on an organized tour. For the most part, when you are on Safari, you do not feel like you are on a tour at all, as you are travelling around in a jeep with one other couple and a driver - perfect.

Another thing we (well more me I guess as I am usually the one planning our trips) really liked was that we did not have to think - we just had to show up. Usually, when traveling alone we are always thinking about where we are going to stop next, where are we going to stay or where we are going to eat. We certainly don't intend to give up independent travel but for some of those more hard to reach destinations, a group experience is the answer.

Anyway, having been traveling for five months out of the last thirteen, we need to stay put for a while - the grandchildren and the garden are calling. Well.....for a little while anyway - I'm sure something new will be on the agenda before many months have passed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Don and SifuniDon and Sifuni
Don and Sifuni

Sifuni was our driver and wildlife spotter in Tanzania. A great guy
A Vancouver momentA Vancouver moment
A Vancouver moment

This a sunset we witnessed last night (Sunday Feb 24th) - magnificent!


26th February 2008

Cowabunga, is that Africaan?
That was a lovely description, Diana. I can fully understand the wonder and wow you experienced. You and Don sure know how to do it up and are soooo very fortunate to have had Martin as your guide. Maybe we will catch one of his tours someday. Thanks for sending this and really enjoyed your photos too. Helen xx

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb