A day in Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday morning already, only 2 more days until we fly home. We headed off for a day of tourist activity. Went with Joe, Naomi and Jon to Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge. In the heart of the city the suspension bridge hangs over an amazing river at quite a height. Under the bridge young people swim in the river, being dare devils and leaping from rock ledges into the pools below. We wallked for about an hour and then headed for some lunch. We found a nice restaurant with a wide variety of foods and the 5 of us enjoyed our meal. Once we had deposited the boys at home Jim, Naomi and I went out to Grenville Island for some shopping. Again a hidden village in the heart of Vancouver, full of shops and fun things to do. We managed to get our souvenirs purchased and happily headed back to the house. Jim and I headed out to have dinner with John Layton and his wife Mary, another visit with a friend from high school. It was a lot of fun to see John again and to meet his wife. We did a lot of catching up and resolved to stay in touch. Hopefully we will be able to connect again either in the east or back here in Vancouver. We got back to the house and into bed around midnight, knowing that we could relax tomorrow.
Tuesday was a day to relax and wind down from the vacation, emptied the bus and prepared for the journey home. Linda and I went berry picking and made more Blackberry jam. We all went out to dinner at the Handi Indian Restaurant and had a fabulous meal.
Wednesday and we are up and ready to head home. I will miss Naomi, but she is coming for a visit over Thanksgiving and possibly Jon will come along as well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb