Anyone know how to levitate?


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Because neither Nic or I had jobs we decided to take a trip over to the west coast. We timed it to coincide with Mum and Dads stopover in Vancouver on their way back to NZ from the UK.

We caught a flight into Victoria, which is on Vancouver Island off the west coast of Canada. Instantly we took a shine to it, the bus ride from the airport winded through pretty suburbs with tree lined streets before we arrived into the main city which borders the sea.

Unfortunately the cities beauty wasn't matched by our hotel. It turned out to be above a titty-bar nightclub and was run by an old Asian woman who has either cloned herself or never sleeps. She was ALWAYS at reception.

Deciding that we wanted to spend as little time as possible in the room we hit the streets to see what was going down in Victoria. Apparently low cost alcohol was going down as there were quite a lot of hobos and weirdos hanging near our part of town. Once we found the main streets and the port area it felt a lot safer and was very picturesque.

Being a coastal city we thought fish and chips was a good choice for dinner. It was good but the service was crap, they took friggin ages. It’s amazing how you notice things like that more when you have to tip. Can't wait to be a scrooge when I get back to NZ, ha ha.

Victoria at night is spectacular. Especially the majestic Empress hotel and the local parliament buildings. After taking more photos than I will ever need we headed back to the hotel. I have never really been into magic before, but that night, after looking at the scungy bed, I wished that I knew how to sleep while levitating.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb