Surprise!


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Eric and I left Vancouver after a delicious feast at Slickitty Jim's Chat and Chew Diner! We travelled to Victoria on the ferry (Eric's first big boat ride), and found our way to Nichole's place. Wayne arranged for them to be away for a little while in the afternoon just long enough for us to get there and get ready for the big surprise!

The plan was to be in their back yard, behind their plum tree just partially out of sight so that we could shock her a little. Wayne thought it would be a good idea for us to be raking his grass and fallen fruit (not sure why we fell for that ruse).

When they came home, Nichole was more than a little concerned that there were some strangers in her back yard so she convinced Wayne to go out and help her investigate.... We were wearing hats and sunglasses too to make it even harder to figure out. When she came around to the back of the tree and saw us full on she looked like a deer in headlights... she couldn't even speak! We had laughs and tears and giggles, especially when she found out how many people were in on the ruse.

Oh, and the best part of the whole surprise... Eric got it on tape!!! Look out funniest home videos. We're staying in Victoria until Sunday July 24, and then we'll head into the Northern US on our way home.... stay tuned....

Advertisement



24th July 2005

Just got home (Sunday evening) and read your latest update. Sounds as if your little surprise turned out as planned. Look forward to seeing the video.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb