A Little Pre-Trip R&R


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver Island » Nanaimo
November 25th 2006
Published: November 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Perfect Toes!Perfect Toes!Perfect Toes!

Yes...that is a tattoo..and yes it did hurt..alot.
Mmmmmmmm....M is for Massage! P is for pedicure!
I know I'm heading to a place known for it's massage, but c'mon....who can turn down a trip to a Spa?
Besides, when am I going to find time for a massage when there are 14 little kids to look after?

Lici and I spent the afternoon at Tigh Na Mara Resort in Parksville, (20 minutes from Nanaimo)....AWESOME....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's a bit excessive, maybe, to do this before the trip, but what better preparation than a perfect pedicure, soak in the mineral bath (check out the Grotto Spa pics on their site) and a relaxation massage....and of course lunch and a "few" martinis in the Tree Top lounge..lol.

I just had to share that!

Well,

Plans are on track for our departure. Except for the snowfall we are expecting, everything seems good-to-go. The kids walked around in their packs this evening loaded up to the gills, so cute. I really hope they can manage the gear...at least for a little while.

Before we go, I wanted to thank everyone who has supported this adventure and who has helped me prepare and contributed towards some things the children at the orphanage
Thumbs up for Readiness!Thumbs up for Readiness!Thumbs up for Readiness!

They both look like they are going to fall over! LoL....Every traveller has to carry their own gear kids...get used to it!
needed. So...Thank you, It is more than just me that appretiates everything you have all done. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb