Day 96 Ladner to Halfmoon Bay, Sunshine Coast


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

It took us 20 minutes to walk to the bus pick-up point for our journey to Bridgeport before we transferred to the sky train and get-off point at the Olympic Village Station. We made our way to Cittadella, a café, for a coffee and waited for Al and Barb, our hosts for the next 4 days, to pick us up.

Our greetings were boisterous and full of energy of friends long not seen. Al took us slowly through Vancouver city through Stanley Park, over Lions Gate Bridge to West Vancouver and Thunderbird Marina where we stopped for a brief walk and look around before heading to Horseshoe Bay and the Sunshine Coast ferry. We drove onto the ferry as did approximately 300 other cars and a few motorbikes.

Oh, the memories and the views, as we travelled the 40 minute journey to Langdale, the ferry terminal near Gibson on the Sunshine Coast.

On arrival at Al and Barbara’s we were once again stunned by the beauty of the place. However, Al and I departed within minutes, as he had to fillet two Halibut, each 15 kilograms, for a good friend of his a few houses down. I watched
as well as chatted to the very welcoming and friendly Canadians. We ended the filleting and chatting session with drinks all round. The views from this house were also sensationally magnificent.

However, the highlight of the day, for me at least, was the dinner made by Al, the BEST Caesar Salad creator that I have had the good fortune of knowing. I have eaten a number of Al’s efforts in ’86 and in Australia when he visited, twice. We also had freshly caught prawns in a delicious ‘home-made-on-the-spot’ sauce.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement












Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb