Day 4: Lazy Bones/Fireworks


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kimberley
December 31st 2015
Published: January 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sobriety CheckSobriety CheckSobriety Check

On the way home from dinner 2 officers had traffic stopping going both ways to check for drunk drivers.
Day 4 was a relaxing/lazy day for those who don't play in the snow. Half of our party went to the mountain and the rest of us didn't even get out of PJs until we absolutely had to!
The 4 of us were perfectly content to lounge about on the sofas doing our own thing: reading, knitting, playing on an electronic device, etc. We just hung out until the rest of the boys returned.
Once they were showered and hungry, we realized too late that it was New Year's Eve and that almost every restaurant that was open was booked! The only place we could get in was a Chinese place. Two of our local brothers met us there to make a party of 14...and boy were we sorry!
The reason why we could get in on the "busiest night of the year" was probably because this place was horrible! There was only 1 person cooking and it seems like he had to cook everything one dish at a time. The upside: the food hadn't been made earlier that day and sitting in a warmer. Downside: it took almost 2 hours for everyone to get their food, and it came 1
FireworksFireworksFireworks

As seen from our condo.
dish at a time unless 2 people had ordered the same thing. Not only that, but the general consensus on the quality of the food was: less than satisfactory. ? ???
Once we had finished with dinner it was only 9 degrees out so we high-tailed it back to the cars and proceeded to wait another 10 minutes on the way back stuck in the traffic of a sobriety check (again, it's New Year's Eve).
Once we returned it was 9 PM and the fireworks show had started on the hill. Because it was cloudy out we didn't see a lot, but we could certainly hear it and the effect it had on both human and canine spectators. ?????
After everyone had gone to bed I was sitting up on my tablet and was able to witness our drunk neighbors a way up the hill setting off their own fireworks, hootin' & hollerin' at 12:30. When they had finally settled down I was able to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb