Day 7 Hinton AB to Dawson Creek BC, 293 miles


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

After a visit to Walmart (they are NOT all created equal), Safeway (because Walmart did not carry groceries), the gas station and McDonald's (they are created equal), pic shows Sally ordering at the McDonald's kiosk,we left Hinton dually warned about possible snow storms and fires...

Elk or caribou sighting on our way! And a gray fox! The wildlife continues to fascinate us.

We were told that the last snow was March 8th... Until TODAY!!! Brrrr. We've never seen snow on May 20th! 32° here, 72° in Rockford, 88° in Mesa, and 81° in Naples. ?????

The drive between Hinton and Grand Prairie, about 210 miles - 350 km. We're becoming metric fluent. We drove past a coal mine, a refinery, and a lumber mill. Can you imagine the trucks on this 2-lane highway through the mountains with the snow coming down? Yikes!! Tom and Dave were champs!!!

Lunch in Grand Prairie at the Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Yum! Lucky for us it was next to a liquor store. FYI you can only buy wine at liquor stores. Grocery stores, Walmarts, etc cannot sell it. BTW there are LOTS of liquor stores in Canada.

We drove on to Dawson Creek and found a great campground, Northern Lights, with fabulous laundry and shower facilities. Who knew we would get so excited about washing clothes and bathing...
Kinda scary... Someone explained that what we are doing is glamping - that's glamorous camping! Really??!!

Anyway... we're having a great time! Happy hour and dinner in our cozy little home away from home.

(We're attaching yesterday's photo from Lake Louise that we omitted in the last blog.) Peggy and Sally enjoying the beautiful view of the lake Louise!

Odometer reading: 2137

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Advertisement



22nd May 2016
image.

Enjoying the blog, and happy to see that you are enjoying your journey. Feel like we are reliving the trip through your daily postings. Too bad about the rain.
23rd May 2016
image.

Watson Lake
Now that we are here in the trench, we really appreciate your blog. It has been our Bible.
23rd May 2016
image.

Watson Lake
Now that we are here in the trench, we really appreciate your blog. It has been our Bible.
23rd May 2016
image.

Watson Lake
Now that we are here in the trench, we really appreciate your blog. It has been our Bible.

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb