JULY 7, 2011 - DAWSON CREEK TO FORT NELSON


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 7, 2011 - DAWSON CREEK TO FT. NELSON

As part of our Orientation we were asked to get together with two or three other rigs and travel together, keeping in touch with our CB radios. Every unit has been assigned a number and we refer to that number when leaving or checking in at the next camp, or talking to each other along the road. This is the way George (our leader) will keep track of us all. We joined up with two other couples, Jim & Joanne Fletter from Sacramento, CA, and Don & Sharon Richardson from Orleans, IN. As we were heading out that first morning, the guys were having fun with their CB’s making sure they worked properly and we could hear each other.
Our drive today was rather mundane. The only points of interest were the Kiskatinaw River Bridge, the only original curved timber bridge built along the Alaska Highway that is still in use today, as well as the bridge over the Peace River coming down into Taylor. Today was a long day and most of us were pulling into camp around 5 o’clock. We were ready for a good sleep that night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb