July 10, 2011 - WATSON LAKE, YT TO TESLIN, YT


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Watson Lake
July 10th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 10, 2011 – WATSON LAKE, YT TO TESLIN, YT
When we woke up this morning the rain had passed and we were fortunate to have another beautiful day with sunshine and interesting cloud formations in the sky which adds so much to the pictures. It was a lovely drive today with many interesting stops along the way. We pulled off the road at Rancheria Falls where we enjoyed a walk through the woods to the falls. Actually, coming from BC, we were not too impressed with what they called “falls”!! However, it was a good place to stop for a bite of lunch in our rigs. At another pull out we met up with a young couple who are biking from Alaska to the tip of Argentina, taking a year and a half to do the trip!! We had a very interesting conversation with them before moving on. Scenery along the way was quite dramatic (hard to catch the vastness in a picture), but we were all disappointed that we did not see any animals all day. After pulling into our camping spot in Teslin, we had our briefing on the next several days in Skagway. Dwain and I enjoyed the Natural Museum which was part of the campground. The animals were wonderfully displayed in their natural settings, and the Taxidermy work was outstanding.
This was all the wildlife we managed to see today!!
Tomorrow morning we are off to an early start so we can enjoy the full beauty of the trip into Skagway. It is now 9:30 p.m. and the sun is shining brightly outside. Guess we are getting closer to the great North Country.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



13th July 2011

Your Alaskan Adventure
Hi Lorraine and Dwain, We are enjoying following your Alaskan Adventure. You two certainly make great use of your RV. We were especially interested in the photos of Jasper as Cliff and I met there 40 years ago! This past week-end we were in Vancouver and at the Canada Place Cruise ship dock we saw a gigantic Holland American ship ready to set off on a cruise to Alaska. Your Alaskan Adventure looks much more interesting! The photos are really good especially the one of Dwain kissing a moose. Take Care! Cliff and Judy

Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb