JULY 9, 2011 - LIARD HOTSPRINGS, BC TO WATSON LAKE, YT


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Watson Lake
July 9th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 9, 2011 – LIARD HOTSPRINGS, BC TO WATSON LAKE, YT.
This morning before we left Liard Hotsprings we stopped in at the Lodge and took a few interesting pictures of the Elk Head, the Moose Head and an Albino Bear Cub. As you will see from the pictures, we also had a bit of fun as well!!
Our drive today was most interesting. The further north we go the landscape becomes more interesting and spectacular, but the thing that was the highlight of today was the number of animals we saw along the side of the highway. I believe we saw about 6 Black Bears and many Wood Bison. The Bison are calving and one pair we came across was a mother with her newborn calf. The calf was very unstable on his legs, so he was not very old. We are in a very lovely spot here in the campground at Watson Lake, tucked in under the trees. After getting settled in here we headed for the famous Signpost Forest in the middle of the town. A sign had been made for our tour group and we each signed it. If you zoom in on the picture you will see our names in the top right-hand corner. A few others in the group also put up their own signs. We just took our time wandering around the 70,000 signs looking for places we recognized etc.
Had a nice homemade dinner in the RV tonight and while we were eating we heard thunder rumbling. Now the rain has started. It’s so comforting to hear the rain on the roof at night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

2011.07.09 - Liard Hotsprings Lodge, Dwain trying to kiss a moose2011.07.09 - Liard Hotsprings Lodge, Dwain trying to kiss a moose
2011.07.09 - Liard Hotsprings Lodge, Dwain trying to kiss a moose

Even standing on a chair, this Moose was too high to kiss!


Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb