Bighorn/Yellowhead Highways


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 14th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was another driving day. The scenery was pretty, but not exceptional compared to what we’ve seen this trip. We did see a cute little fox early on who almost escaped a photo. We also met an adorable dog at a wayside rest who we could have easily brought with us. Sadie wouldn’t have liked it, though, if we had left her for over 3 weeks and come home with another. His owner was also at the rest and may have noticed if his dog was suddenly gone.

We are spending the night at Hinton/Jasper KOA, which has impressed all of us. Our site is huge in comparison to many we’ve been in recently. Actually, I think the only site we’ve ever stayed in that is bigger is at Kozy Oaks, only because we’re out at the edge. Jeff was mostly impressed that we were by no means the largest rig there, not even close, really. There was a caravan of veterans driving big class As that took up much of the park. Liam was very impressed that we were near a playground where he and Cole spent some time between the rain. When he came back the second time, he told me he met five friends—“a girl, a boy, a girl and a girl”—who Jeff tells me he had a lovely time playing with. One of the girls even invited herself back to his camper, but her dad put the kibosh on that. LIam was also impressed that there is a huge pet playground, with ramps, houses, etcetera, more than most kids' playgrounds. He wants to come back soon and bring Sadie to play.


Conversation of the Day (just after seeing a fox out the left side):

C: Oh, no! What’s that on my window?
M: What? (looking back at his pretty gross-looking window)
C: It’s water poop!

License Plates Noticed: WA, BC, AB, ON, MI, NWT, OR, MT, YK, QB, NM

High Temperature: 61o (Grand Cache, AB)
Low Temperature: 45o (Chetwynd, BC)

Miles: 368.7 (6482.3)

Total Time on the Road: 7:06



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

FriendFriend
Friend

The interesting thing about this trip is that we have seen very few other families. It's almost entirely retirees spending months on the road. What happened to the family vacation?


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb