Calgary Stampede


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 14th 2019
Published: July 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We arrived to Calgary yesterday afternoon, and got picked up by Dave, one of our favourite hostel guests, who was at the hostel for several months 😊 Dave took us to his house, where we got to meet his wife and 2 super cute dogs, as well as his robot lawn mower, Mow. His house has a complete cinema room in the basement, with reclining movie chairs, crazy speakers, huge screen, popcorn machine. After dinner, we had movie night (I started to fall asleep, so didn't stay in the 'cinema' til the end, maybe tonight).
Today we got up and had breakfast, then Dave dropped us off at the Calgary Stampede. We took the skyride so we could check out where everything was. Then the boys did a few rides and games, and we wandered around for awhile. At 1:30, we went to the rodeo show. It was pretty cool- saw calf wrestling, steer wrestling, bronco riding, barrel racing and bull riding. Pretty crazy! After the rodeo, we went to a dog show, and then wandered a little more, before catching the c train to meet Dave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb