Alberta Explorations


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 17th 2019
Published: July 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday, Dave's son in law had arranged a fly fishing trip for the boys, so they were up early for that, they got picked up at 7. Unfortunately, they didn't get any bites, but they enjoyed being out on the river, and experiencing their first fresh water fly fishing.
On Monday, Dave drove us out to visit Lake Louise and Banff. The traffic was all backed up going to Lake Louise and there were signs that the parking was all full, with directions to park in another area and take a shuttle to the lake. We tried that, but there were crazy amounts of people waiting for the bus, and then if we had gotten to where it went, we would have had to wait longer for another bus to go on to the next lake, so we decided hours of waiting wasn't worth it, and went to Banff instead.
Banff is a beautiful, picturesque town in the mountains. We checked out the most famous hotel, Banff Springs, and then took a walk through some trails, then through town, and found a lunch spot. After lunch, we headed back to Calgary.
Yesterday, we went to Drumheller, home of the dinosaurs. It was pouring rain the whole drive, but had lightened up a bit once we got there. Fortunately, it was an indoors event, checking out the Royal Tyrell Museum, which has everything you'd want to know about dinosaurs. I hadn't realized that Alberta was the site of so many dinosaur remains. It was interesting, but lots of reading, so of course the boys didn't love that part, lol.
Today is a relax and repack day, and then we're having dinner at Dave's daughter's house. Tomorrow we leave early to meet up with our ride share to Vancouver.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb