Snow in Lake Louise


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
December 23rd 2016
Published: December 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Softly falling snow turned my eyes from the thus invisible panoramas of mountains and lakes to the natural sculptures of snow by wind. The green of the pines was so dark as to seem black. The light so subdued that white was blue. Human activity barely disturbed the silence muffling my ears.

What people were doing was building the whimsical Lake Louise ice castle, using water as mortar between the heavy translucent blocks of ice. Circling farther onto the hard lake were tourists, most stumbling bravely in their rented skates, a few spinning confidently across the imaginary rink cleared of snow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



28th December 2016

Magical
Lake Louise is a magical place - especially in the winter. Thank you!
28th December 2016

Snow and sand
I suspect that snow and sand present similar exposure problems. You've done a good job of capturing contrast and interesting shapes in a difficult setting, I'd say.
5th January 2017

Snow and sand
Thanks. Practice makes perfect - or at least personally satisfying.
29th December 2016

Beautiful, thanks Judith, Happy New Year.
11th January 2017

Snow Sculpture(Snow in Lake Louise)
What a beautiful image.Looks so serene & peaceful.Thanks for sending these pics.Happy New Year.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb