Finals


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, well, by now you have all probably heard that we were in the finals today, and we came 9th in the WORLD!!!

We are all so proud of our acheivements, and we had a big party tonight to celebrate.

Just to let you know, we would have come 7th, there were only 5 points difference (out of 3480 available) between 9th and 7th place, unfortuently, we we given a 25 point penalty because in one of our songs, we had a lady wearing a crown. She was not actually allowed to wear it on stage, as the people who wear crowns are those previous quartets who have won the international competition. So, we would have been 7th, had we known we were not allowed to have this happen, but no-one knew. We came 7th in the semi's and the finals and scored consistantly at A- across all our songs. We are all so happy with our placing, and especially our medals. So much so, I have put such a terrrible photo of me one here, but it shows you how much I LOVE my new 'jewellery' and I will we wearing it to bed tonight!

We are off to Banff tomorrow, and Jahan has a blog from his adventures at the Dinosaur museum to put up at some stage too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Charlotte, Myself & Yvette..and our MedalsCharlotte, Myself & Yvette..and our Medals
Charlotte, Myself & Yvette..and our Medals

Can you tell we are proud of our medals?


15th October 2007

Well done:)
Congratulations girls!! I watched you on the webcast yesterday morning, and thought you did great. Watch out Jahan, it looks like you just might have to fight that medal to keep a place in Lizzies' heart...hahaha. Time to chill and have some fun!! Take care you two:)
15th October 2007

The Final
Hi Lizzy and Jahan, You are all champs! I took the morning off work especially to watch. Nana and Grandad came around to watch with me. We all thought your chorus was awesome! (we are not biased of course!) . It seemed a long time to have to wait for you to come on stage. We are all very very proud of you. You can now relax and enjoy the rest of your holidays. Three cheers and a glass of wine or two for the 'CHRISTCHURCH CITY CHORUS'. Liz's Mum
15th October 2007

Congratulations!
Well done you guys! That's the shiznit! I hope you feel that all the hard work has paid off for you! Time to relax and take I break now I guess =) PS: Love the idea of the Blog!
15th October 2007

Deenie did watch!
Hi! guys! That's a pretty flash piece of jewellery there Lizzie! One very proud owner too! and Jahan looks pretty chuffed in the photos also.Rang Nadine to tell her to watch and I see she did,cool! So tell me Lizzie how many drinks did you manage to celebrate with? Shame about the crown "thingy". I saw the 4BETTY's in crowns,I guess that's what you are talking about! Seeya luv the other Ma.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb