coolest place in the world


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
March 28th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday I woke up early at 8.30 so that I could set out on this cycle ride to the Canyon. Chaz stayed behind as it was a 30 mile ride and at least a two hour walk down the canyon . I hired a bike for 36$ at Banff and cycled along the Bow Valley highway, which is a great cycle route to do. Not to hilly, though it all uphill on the way there.

Johnston Canyon must be the most beautiful place in the whole world. It’s a little gorge with 7 waterfalls running thought it. It is so stunning, especially in the winter as the falls freeze over in to these ice sculptors. The walk took about two hours to do, as the path was just a sheet of ice due to the number of people that walk down it. The final upper fall was a true sight to behold, the lower falls you could walk behind.

I managed the last 15 miles back ok. Then went out with this crazy snow dude in to town and got so drunk that night. I can't remember that much, must of been a good night.

We travelled to lake lousie next, the greyhound took about 40 miniutes. The lake is completly frozen over at this time of the year, so you could walk on top of it. Some people had set up an ice hockey match on the lake that was kind of cool. The area around the lake is kind of dead not a lot happens, just lots of hotels and a hand full of shops.

We go to Relvestoke tomorrow, it a 4 hour bus drive though the National glacicer park. Should be fun.

lewis out


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb