Revelstoke (a very small city)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
March 30th 2006
Published: April 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The geryhound that we took from lake Louise to Revelstoke was the last one for the time being, the journey itself was pretty special as we travelled through the glacier national park. The road sticks close to the contours around their and every now and then you have to pass through an avalanche shed( a tunnel that covers the road to stop the snow blocking the path).

We arrived in Revelstoke quite late in the day and after quite a long walk we arrived at the hostel. I could hardly say that hostel was fully booked when we arrived there, thought there was this really cool guy called Frederick who was staying in our room. After grabbing a few supplies, and checking out the non existent night life the town had to offer. We had a quite night in watch desperate housewives.

The next night we when snowshoeing around Veron, man that was good fun. It kind of feels like you are wearing massive clown shoes as you tramp around in the snow, its really hard work but the shoes do work very well. We must of been walking on a least 6 feet of snow. Frederick had offered to give us a free lift too Vancouver as he was head that way on Wednesday. That meant that we had to book an extra night at the hostel but it did save us a least 100$.

So we had an extra day to kill in Revelstoke, which we spent walking around the town and watching movies (there really is nothing to do). The drive to Vancouver took about 6 hours, you have to drive thought mountains, deserts, wine yards, plains and forests!! Frederick dropped us of at the sky train station, it was a quick journey to downtown Grandville St were the hostel was located.

Later that evening we met up with Francis (one of Chaz friends) we went for coffee and a meal out at the Old Spaghetti Factory (big portions of uninspirng food). Then we found a few guys form Banff so we went out to a pub and watched the Hockey game (close game a final winner in the last 7 seconds.)

Got to go

Lewis out



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb