Big Rockies


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
March 25th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we walked up Sulphur mountain; it was about a 2 hour walk to the summit. The views where really amazing as you could see down into the Banff valley. The pathway was a bit slippery as it was covered in ice. When we got to the top the view of snow clad mountains and meandering rivers was worth the effort it took to climb the mountain. We only had 10 minutes at the top as the last gondola down was at 5.00pm.

Later on in the evening we when to the restaurant that they have in the hostel, I had the veggie burger and boy was it good. Then we when to the bar that they have in the hostel as well, I met up with some of other backpackers and a few of the staff that work at the hostel. We went to downtown Banff, the town it’s self has absolutely buzzing nightlife. We went to this club hoodoo’s it was a bit quite. The beer they have in Canada it watery rubbish, I haven’t found one that is very nice yet (I have heard that the microbrewers in Canada are great)

Today we have had a very quite day, woke up very late so breakfast and lunch kind of amalgamated into one. We did a bit of shopping in Banff, and I sorted of the details of a cycle ride that I wanted to do, going from Banff to Johnson Canyon. In the evening we went on a pub crawl in Banff that was organized by the hostel. They got us these pub crawl pass’s that meant that certain boos where cheap in all the bars. I had a great time, best night out so far. Got chatting to a guy who was looking for work on the slopes about life the universe and everything.



Having a great time


speak to you soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb