Day 29


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
June 3rd 2019
Published: June 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 29
3/06/2019
Ink Pots Walk

We woke up after a good night’s sleep and waited for Penni to pick us up. Breakfast was at the Bagel shop and then off to the Ink Pots at Johnstone Canyon. It is a 12 km return walk along a fast flowing river on board walks to waterfalls and then up and over a mountain to the Ink Pots. The first stop was the lower falls where the melted snow water was crashing down around us and we then crossed the river to find a small cave that had been carved away from endless years of rushing water and it led through to a closer viewing area of the falls where we were covered with the spray from the falls. We continued on to the Upper falls which had a higher drop with snow still on the side of the mountain at water level. After this is was up hill for the next 3 or so km, so we just took our time. The scenery was beautiful and as we went Penni pointed out different wild flowers. We finally made it to the Ink Pots which are thermal springs and have a constant temperature of 4C all year. We stopped and had a snack and a drink then headed back down. The view was wonderful. As a reward for the walk completed in 4 hours we had an ice cream when we reached the bottom Scott had hurt his ankle so he didn’t come with us We headed back to Penni’s apartment to have quick showers and then back to camp for a fireside dinner again. We had new neighbours move into the permanent tent next door to us – 6 young guys. We knew that this spelt trouble. We noticed that they had been picked up by a taxi so we knew they would probably be drinking and come back late and noisy. Yep that is what happened after we were told to put the fire out at 11 which meant we needed to go to bed as it was really cold. The guys came back at 2 in the morning almost yelling Scott asked them to quieten down but they continued. We didn’t get much support from the campsite management.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb