Day 30


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 30
4/06/2019
Lake Louise – Banff

After a sleepless night due to the noise from our neighbours we were ready for Penni when she picked us up at 9 and back to the Bagel shop and a Starbucks coffee then onto Lake Louise. Karly and Scott mentioned the noisy neighbours to the parks ranger and he advised that the people camping on the other side of the noisy guys also put in a complaint. We had a walk around the lake. It was the most beautiful icy green colour when the sunlight hit it. We took some photos and then went for a walk through the Fairmont Hotel. We bought some souvenirs and then it was off to the Lake Louise Ski Fields. Ron, Scott and I went on a chair lift while Penni and Karly went in a Gondola. Unfortunately we could only see the face of the mountain going up but it was worth it once we got off. The view was magnificent looking across the valley at the snow-capped mountains and one of the glaciers that feed into Lake Louise. It was absolutely breathtaking. We went to a visitor’s centre where they had replicas of the native animals found in the area. They also had their furs that you could touch. It was amazing to see the size of the brown and black bears. Here they have had to design a bear proof rubbish bin where you need to put your hand in to release it. There as a video of a brown bear trying to get into it, there was no way he was going to leave without shaking it to bits. They are securely bolted to the ground. We were hopeful of a Grizzly bear sighting as they saw one there only on the week end. We took the chairlift down looking at the amazing views. After this we headed into Banff for the last pieces of souvenir shopping, bear paws and popcorn. We headed off to Canmore for showers and then dinner at The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company where we shared Perogies, and each of us had hamburgers except Penni had a salad. Scott sampled the bears and Ron had a Grumpy Bear beer which just made him happy! Penni drove us back to the campsite and we had a fire and a few drinks. We found that we had new neighbours, the noisy ones had left.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



12th June 2019

Looking good at Lake Louise
Lake Louise is so beautiful isn’t it? We only visited briefly and certainly didn’t stay lakeside ... in a tent or at the Fairmont!! Canmore rings a bell so I think we stayed a night or two in Canmore. Thank goodness the bogans moved on. Unfortunately you get them everywhere. ?T

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb