Day 26 – Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 8th 2016
Published: October 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we have an early start at 6.00am. This morning we are returning to the Yellow Boats in the marina. We did this last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were not to be disappointed.

We are at the other side of the city to the Marina, so have a long metro ride to get there. We stood like sardines for most of the journey. Before we do the speed boat ride, we had a quick stop for coffee and cake at Costa Coffee. No Entertainer vouchers for here, as we could not find anyone near that would take them, so Costa Coffee it is.

In the Entertainer book, there are three vouchers for the 90 minute Yellow Boat ride, but we shall be using only one. When we were ready to pay for our ride, we spotted a Scottish family also getting ready. We decided to give one of our unused vouchers to them so they could get one of their members free. They thought that was a great idea. This was our good deed done for the day.

The boat took us out through the marina and past the construction for the Dubai Eye and the shopping centre they are building nearby. The Dubai eye is under construction and will be the biggest in the world. Dubai will always have the biggest of anything. We stopped at the Atlantis and Burj al Arab and the driver took photos of us all in front of the buildings.

We are so glad we booked the ride for 9.00am as it was really hot out there. Not sure it would have been comfortable to do the 11.00am or later rides. We think it was around 40 degrees and 60% humidity.

After this, we walk back, via the metro and tram bridge, to Phobia where we went earlier in the week. Theresa left here glasses there, so this is an ideal time to collect them. They did ask if we wanted to do another room, but not sure our brains would take it so we politely declined.

Back near the hotel, the World Trade Centre is still streaming with people. We stopped off at Burgerfuel for a bite to eat. This was another great very different high quality burger. This one even supplies a doofer to hold the burger in so that it does not drip. Never heard of one of those before.

This evening we made a trip over to Al Rigga in Diera. When we stopped in Dubai on the way home from Malaysia last year we found a Denny´s restaurant in Al Rigga. This is a restaurant we know from our travels in USA. Better still, we have recently received an electronic Entertainer voucher for dinner here so another huge buy one get one free main meal deal.

The menu is very much as we can remember. George had a steak and Theresa had steak Philly Melt. Both were very tasty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb