Day 2 - D Day, take 2


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 3rd 2015
Published: July 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Spent the night at the Novotel St Kilda.

Got about 4 or 5 hours sleep. Woke up and got on phone to travel agent. She has the day off so Kelly is the poor bunny to get my tale of woe.

Connections to Hvar all gone. Finally decide to cancel that part altogether. We do our own organised cancellations while Kelly tries to get us to Dubrovnik where our first tour starts from. Never knew it could be so hard to get somewhere in Europe. Now I know.

On the bus at 1100 back to Tulla for a re-scheduled flight at 1500. Lots of chatter on the bus about flights and also the untimely murder of PHIL Walsh (football coach for those who don't know his name). Kelly rings and tells us we now have a night in a hotel in Dubai then off to Vienna the next day. Ask her to try alternatives to get us direct to Dubrovnik.

Get to airport, bags on in a very short line and we say just to Dubai. Walking into the customs hall and phone rings from Kelly. Trying to get info from her then get yelled at by door guard that no phones allowed inside. As if I don't have enough to worry about, then Godzilla has a go at me......

Get through customs, a bit of duty free then into lounge. Another cal from Kelly. Can do a mix of flights, Qantas wil cover us to Frankfurt from Dubai, then we can Chang our next flight with Croatian Air at a premium change price. Much talk then bugger it, need to get to Dubrovnik so do it.

Get ok and have to do email confirmations, credit card payments all while the boarding call happening. Bloody hell.

Just about to board and Kelly calls to say flights all booked and email on its way - great work, thanx Kelly.

Get on big bird and the exit row is ours great seats at the main door behind first class (major teaser). Flight all good, get to Dubai and have to pick up bags, tick, then go to re-check in for Frankfurt leg, tick. Into Emirates business lounge, tick. Emails from travel insurance and flight and accomodation received, tick, tick.

Now waiting for a 0355 flight sipping on a Moët . Nice touch Emirates. Chris asleep so that is good for her as well.

Over and out for this quiet day........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.584s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.3263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb