Day 3 - D Day take 3


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 4th 2015
Published: July 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

At last Croatia. Why the D Day you ask?

We left Dubai for Dubrovnik via Frankfurt (which presides in Deutschland - otherwise known as Germany). 3 D's there......

Our new flights took us from Dubai to Frankfurt. Great service from Emirates - checked in and the staff said they would put us in 2 rows - why you question - because the flight was half empty so she said once we took off we get to lie down across the 4 seats - a good sleep was had......

Arrived at Frankfurt after a 6 and a bit hour flight. Get checked as we walk off the plane for passports, then at the official gate. Get bags and into the open area to find our next flight which is at 1850 that evening - time now is 0900.... people everywhere. Find a man in airport uniform who says we are at the wrong terminal so points us to sky train to terminal 1. Get there and find our check in area. Talk to Lufthansa lady who says we can check in now - bonus. Decide to change into something a little more relevant to the 38c outside - find shorts and thongs and go into the toilets to change.

Go back to our lady and check in - even get brave enough to ask for exit rows which is done with a smile - especially from us. Bags be gone and now with information from our uniformed and and Lufthansa lady we are onto the station to catch a rain into the city of Frankfurt. All good and in 15 minutes we are in the centre of downtown Frankfurt.

Out into the heat and decide we need to get our bearings - and a cold beer. Both done and we start to walk to the river when a hop,on hop off bus appears - why not. Do the lap of the tour around the city and environs. Good way to see lots with a minimum of walking. Need shade, food and drink. See a floating restaurant on the river - where else you say.... Get on and order what else when in Frankfurt but frankfurts. Chris had a Weiner...

Nice break then we decide to go up the river a bit and have a little siesta on the shore of the river. Nice grassy spot and rest we did. Then walked back through town towards the station for the return trip. Very busy in town as they had their 2015 Triathlon starting tomorrow so there were dudes in Lycra everywhere.

Back to the station and find the platform for the airport train, get there and find our way into the terminal without too much hassle. Go to the gate and get a cold beer and wait. Eventually board a very full plane to Dubrovnik.

Arrive at 2100 along with about 3 other flights. We actually have to get into a bus and get taken to the terminal. Customs was quick, not so quick with the bags but they eventually come out. Go out of the airport looking for the taxi rank along with lots of others. See the taxis on the other side of the road and get straight into one. Driver asks why we are here and then welcomes us to Croatia - nice touch. 30 minutes later we are at our hotel. Check in and all good. Even offered some cold dinner (meals are included here). Take bags upstairs and then back down to the restaurant one of the men shows us around, we have cold meat and salad and beer or wine on tap - yay.

Eventually off to bed at long last.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb