Day 4 - Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 13th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Up early (thanks to some giggling gerts! - although was originally skyped at 4.14am (someone needs to check the time difference Greg 😊) Away via metro and a long people-mover walkway to Burj Khalifa - 124 floors up, the highest building in the World, and stunning views. We the boarded the Hop On Hop Off bus but didn't actually have time to hop off 😊 A great day - just not enough time to do all we want to do (is there ever enough time?). Then off to Ravi's in Satwa for a VERY authentic Indian meal. Plastic plates, tin glasses, dirty ceiling fans, delicious food (reminded us of Fiji). We finished our night by Paddy, our hostess, and me sharing a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake (yes, you guessed it, ANOTHER birthday cake complete with candles and singing, as Paddy's birthday is 22 October and we have shared other birthdays in the past, particularly one Shirley Ruka will remember well!). This was, of course, washed down by a lovely chilled bottle of Moët. (Moët has now become my new habit - with Veuvre a close 2nd (or is it the other way around?). We gave Paddy a few thank you treats from home and Nath said "we WILL be back" and Paddy said "that's great, let me know where you will be staying". We presume she was joking but time will tell.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb