Day 3


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 12th 2013
Published: October 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a Paddy's Big Brekkie the lads headed off to Wild Wadi water park and Dessert Safari and we, after a quick run into Starbucks, headed to Abu Dhabi to see what Roy and I missed by not getting to live there. After coffee in a traditional style mall with Paddy's 'friend' Lenny and also Andrew S, we drove along the Corniche to the Emirates Palace Hotel. The sheer opulence was worth the visit though we decided against coffee and cake at AED280 ($91). Another story with the detail best left to the imagination involved a bidet hose and some unexpected house-keeping. Needless to say the walls and floor are even more clean than when we arrived - and there was much laughter reverberating around tiled walls. We headed all the way across town Al Reem Island for a picture of the three towers joined by a walk-way high in the sky, followed by the most amazing visit to The Grand Mosque. This left me breathless by it's size and beauty. So hard to describe and I'm guessing the many photos will still not do it justice. Then we went to Ferrari World but our arrival was too late in the day (much sadness from Roy as it is like a theme park) so we will leave that for the next visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb