Day 04: Weekend in Dubai - the Cheesecake Factory & Dubai Old Town (Sep 2018)


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 16th 2018
Published: September 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 16th September 2018

Here we are on Day 04 of our vacation in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Sunday is a working day in UAE. After a swim at the hotel pool in the morning, we headed to the Mall of the Emirates for brunch in order to beat the lunch crowds.

Since we were rather early, we decided to pop by at the beautiful Carrefour store for some souvenirs shopping before our meals. The goods and fresh produce were so nicely displayed at their flagship store that it would be extremely difficult to go home empty-handed unless you are one determined window shopper.

After shopping at Carrefour, it was time for brunch at the Cheesecake Factory located at the other end of the basement that is next to Ski Dubai. Contrary to its name, the Cheesecake Factory does serve decent mains from their elaborate menu.

We decided to try out their value-for-money lunch salad and soup deals. For the mains, we opted for the salmon with vegetables. As the pictures turned out, the dishes were massive in portions and very flavourful. For desserts, we ordered the velvet cheesecake which was rather ordinary in my opinion. Perhaps, there were other cake varieties that we could have ordered instead. Anyway, the meal kept us satisfied throughout the day until dinner.

We spent the rest of our afternoon sightseeing at the old town where the iconic Dubai Museum is located. This is a rather quiet yet atmospheric precinct. The old structures have been carefully restored and turned into art galleries or small museums. This was a nice afternoon to see a different side of Dubai away from the modern skyscrapers.

For dinner, we headed to the Little Bangkok Restaurant for some rice and soup dishes. Service was top-notched and the dishes were incredibly delicious as we rounded our final evening in Dubai.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb