Day 18 – Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 30th 2016
Published: October 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We were hoping that Julie and Mick could have joined us for a brunch today, but we got the dates wrong so they have other plans.

As we enjoyed our visit to the rooftop yesterday so much, this morning we fill a little time with a return visit. The pool water was not quite as warm this time, but was still very refreshing. Some further quality sun bathing completed.

This afternoon we headed off to P J O´Reillys in Le Royal Meridian Hotel. It´s nice that it is in walking distance to where we are staying.

This brunch is a little different to the others we have done. It is advertised as a four meat carvery, and that was exactly what it was. There was only one price, and that was including alcohol, so Theresa got to have a few drinks with her dinner for a change.

The food was really tasty and well cooked. As pork is not eaten in Dubai for religious reasons, we have not seen it offered at any of the other brunches. It was one of the four meats offered here though. Everything here looks to be catering for the British expat and traveller. Looks like locals are not welcome.

At the start, we were asked if we would like some prawns / fish snacks. We were imagining a small dish of item, but what turned up was like a meal each. Very tasty prawns, fish and something like a saveloy and all fried in batter and with chips. These were a very tasty accomplishment following our hearty roast dinner. Glad we had not eaten too much before then.

This was a very different but enjoyable experience.

As we are moving hotels back to Dubai tomorrow, we spend the rest of the evening packing and getting our affairs in order ready for the move. There was no need for any further food, as we had eaten more than enough at the brunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



30th October 2016

Day 18
Nice relaxing day, good food, what more can a couple ask for, well BOGOF, ??
30th October 2016

Your comments
Glad you are enjoying the blogs

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb