Day 15 – Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 27th 2016
Published: October 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

At lunchtime today, we headed to Galleria Mall which is on Al Maryah Island. It is just round the back of our hotel, but after getting lost a couple of times (again) it took us a good 30 minutes to get there.

The Mall is a bit too high end for our tastes, but some of the food outlets looked just up our street. We may have a return visit here for dinner before we leave Abu Dhabi.

As we are really early, we head to Cafe Nero first for coffees and a slice of their red velvet cake to share.

At 3.00pm, we go to the 5 star Rosewood Hotel which is joined to the Mall. We have a lavish afternoon tea booked here. This is in memory of George’s mother who passed away last year and left him a small inheritance.

As we have an Entertainer voucher we have booked for two, but in all honesty, one tray would have been enough for the two of us. The table of three people next to us had only one tray between them.

The food was all that you would expect from a 5 star afternoon tea. Some of it was way too fancy for us, but we did try it all. As there was too much of it, we had a small goody box with a few of the cakes to take back to the hotel with us.

With all the food we ate at the afternoon tea, we did not need any dinner, so stayed in the room and just finished off the food we had brought back with us


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb