Day 16 – Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 28th 2016
Published: October 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We had originally planned a day in Al Ain today, but have changed our minds. We changed our minds as it was over 100 miles each way and was going to be a day at Wadi Adventure.

Instead, we drove onto Yas Island and went on the Yas F1 Circuit venue tour. We found out about this as we had an Entertainer voucher for it. And as we both enjoyed the Yas Big Bus, we thought it was an ideal thing to do. Well what a day we had.

There were twelve people on our bus from various locations around the world. Our tour guide was a local who was also a racing driver / instructor. Our guide was an Arabic man speaking perfect English as he put it. He had a great presentation style and commanded the comprehensive knowledge about everything. He had been in post since Yas was created around six years ago.

The tour took us on an air conditioned bus around the grandstands and also did a complete circuit of the actual F1 racetrack. Our guide explained how the track was created and the various twists and turns involved.

Words cannot really explain this tour, but the pictures tell the story. We also have some videos.

The tour took two hours and was very informative and well worth the price paid. Even better considering we got one free with the Entertainer voucher.

From there we went to Yas Mall. We have visited a few of the Malls in Abu Dhabi, and most of them are far too high end for us. This one is more up our street. The food court is larger than any of the others we have seen here. It was great to find a Shamiana outlet here too, as we have three Abi Dhabi vouchers for them. We enjoyed another great Indian meal from them here.

In the evening, George decided he needed an original KFC fix. We found they had a restaurant nearby. The walk there was really straightforward. It took us through a more local than tourist area.

We felt a little apprehensive, but really knew that we were quite safe.

At the KFC it was mainly locals inside and was very busy. George said this was the best fried chicken he had had since leaving home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



25th October 2016

Day 16
I am green eyed, I absolutely love the Grand Prix it is the one and only thing that there is NO negotiations on, work not a chance. What stunning pictures of all the the cars. If you had stood with the real Hamilton then I would have been so so envious. Glad you had a good day, maybe next time I can swop with Theresa and take her place, ??. She can have you back, only want half a day lol
25th October 2016

Your comments
Thank you - Prepare your self for a mega Facebook album in due course on the YAS F1 circuit
2nd November 2016

On the starting line ? Ready now to run with Thierry lol

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 34; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb