Day 14 – Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 26th 2016
Published: October 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a 24 hour ticket on the Abu Dhabi Big Bus. We have an Entertainer voucher for the Big Bus so only pay for one of us.

We were at Marina Mall to catch the first bus out at 9.00 and stayed on until it reached the Sheikh Zayed Mosque.

From here, we transferred onto the Yas bus which did a circuit around all of the attractions around Yas Island. We were really unsure about Yas, so it was nice to see it all from the top of the bus. It was very very hot in the sun on the top deck. They provide free bottles of water to keep you hydrated.

Back at the Mosque, it was back onto the city tour bus for the journey back to Marina Mall.

Today has been a really great way to see a lot of Abu Dhabi. To get a view of some of it´s really unusually shaped buildings and to understand how it is laid out.

This evening, we met up with Julie and Mick again and they took us to their favourite local Chinese restaurant. No 5* here, but the food was lovely at a fraction of the price. Sometimes, some of the very best eateries are hidden outside the touristic areas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb